Good Morning and Welcome to February……
This is going to be a very interesting month here at The Main Street Pub!
- It’s the “Katie’s Kitchen Take-Over” every Monday in February…..the 6th, 13th, 20th,and 27th. …….Do you remember when Katie Mac ran the kitchen? It was always memorable and she had the brilliant idea to take-over the kitchen for 4 days this month… She’s been creating of new and different menu items for you …..and now she’s ready to get back in the kitchen and show off her skills. For those who do not remember when Katie was in the kitchen, it should be a treat….. Come in and show your support for Katie Mac every Monday in February…..it may become your new date night!!
- And the “Big Game” night on February 5th will feature a complimentary buffet during the game…..so bring the party here……enjoy yourself, watch the game, enjoy the buffet, and leave the clean up to us! Kick off is at 6:30 pm. Come early to secure a seat and position yourself to watch the game!
- Blue Mountain Tap Take-Over starts on February 8th and a “Steal the Pint” night on Friday, February 10th. Come in and check out their 4 top brews!
- In February we will donate $1.00 to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society for every Chili and a Grilli sold during the month…..since we have the best Chili we know you’ll want to participate to help the fight to end blood cancers.
- Reminder…..it’s only 45 days until Patrick’s Day……the most special day at The Main Street Pub. Get your GREEN on, mark your calendars and come celebrate with us!
Calendar of Events
February 2: Groundhog Day……96% of the time the groundhog comes out to see his shadow and predicts 6 more weeks of winter…..depressing at the very least!
February 5: “The Big Game” with kick off at 6:30 pm and delicious buffet during the game….come in and enjoy with us!
February 6: Katie’s Kitchen Take-Over from 5-9 pm!
February 10: “Steal the Pint” night…. you get a free Blue Mountain pint glass with your beer!! Fun night, right?
February 13: Katie’s Kitchen Take-Over!
February 14: Valentine’s Day….Did you know that February 14 was formerly thought to be the first day of bird’s mating for the season…..which sparked the custom of sending valentine’s to each other…..and now it’s a major romantic holiday! Invite your valentine to dinner with us! It’s sure to be special!
February 18: National Drink Wine Day….now here’s a day we can all enjoy (if you’re over 21), so grab some friends and come in and celebrate with a glass of wine or 2!
February 20: Katie’s Kitchen Take-Over!
February 20: President’s Day…..honoring all Presidents …..and placed between Washington’s and Lincoln’s birthdays….and it’s a true National holiday!
February 20: National Cherry Pie Day…..50% off cherry pie today in the pub.
February 22: International World Thinking Day…..Created in 1926…..The original objective of this day was to set aside a day for girls all over the world to think of each other, and to give thanks and appreciation to "sister" Girl Scouts and Girl Guides. Over the years, it has been expanded to include the opportunity for girls (young and less young) to learn about health issues that affect girls and young women. Basically it’s a day to think…take the time to think positively about each other!
February 25: Open That Bottle Night……it’s a night event, starts at 5:00 pm, but let’s face it… “It’s five o’clock somewhere!!”.. This holiday has a very special purpose. It was created in 2000 by “Tastings” columnists Dorothy Gaither and John Brecher to encourage people to re-connect with each other over a good bottle of wine or champagne……or a bottle of scotch or bourbon will certainly suffice! But importantly, it a day to drink with friends, lovers, spouses….It’s a day to iron out those differences we sometimes have with someone else……Clean up the negativity….life is too short to argue or fight……and most importantly, it’s not a day to drink alone.
February 27: Katie’s final Kitchen Take-Over
February 28: Mardi Gras……let’s share some beads and celebrate together!
All live music begins at 9 pm
Every Wednesday features Phil Joannou.
February 4 Mike and Chris
February 10 Andrew O’Day
February 17 Radio NV
February 25 Sarah and Kevin
February 22 Karaoke Night!!
Here’s 5 “trivial facts” about Valentine’s Day…..Do you know that
- While in prison for performing Christian marriages, St. Valentine befriended Julia, the daughter of the jailer. When the emperor Claudius discovered that he was still preaching Christianity from his jail cell, he was executed (270 A.D.). In his last letter to the jailer's daughter before his execution, he signed it "From your Valentine”.
- The oldest love poem was written on a clay tablet. It dates back to ancient Sumeria, around 3500 B.C.
- The Italian city of Verona, where Shakespeare’s lovers Romeo and Juliet lived, receives about 1,000 letters addressed to Juliet every Valentine’s Day.
- Matthew Brady took the first photograph of a U.S. President on February 14, 1849 in New York City. Which President?...... Our 11th President James Polk.
- The first televised tour of the White House aired on February 14 in 1962, hosted by First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy.
- The heart is the most common symbol of romantic love. Ancient cultures believed the human soul lived in the heart.
We hope you will join us for all the fun events in February……the “Katie’s Kitchen Take-Over” on Mondays, the “Big Game” on the 5th, Valentine’s Day, Blue Mountain Tap Take-Over, and Mardi Gras…..and we will be happy to see you on any day or night you please. We just love seeing and talking to you and helping you celebrate all your special days. Take care, smile, and we can’t wait to see you soon at The Main Street Pub!
The McNamara Clan